On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 21:34, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 February 2004 22:06, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
>
> > > Lexx
> >
> > That's because the boot image is too big for a floppy...use the install CD
> > for that or make a boot CD for your specific system.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > HarM
>
> Sorry I didn't get the gist of your question the first time:
>
> You need to make a boot-install disk from the installation CD (1) using one of
> the images there (in the images directory)and the command "dd" in Linux or
> "rawrite" in DOS/windows.
>
> Mkboot disk only makes a disk to boot an existing installed system.
>
> All the images on the CD are 1.4 Mb.
>
> Good luck,
> HarM

Thanks to you, I was able to find full instructions. I've included them
here for anyone who needs to know:

How to make a boot floppy with Windows

* insert the CDROM, then open the icon "My Computer", right click on the
CDROM drive icon and select "Open"
* go into the "dosutils" directory and double-click on the "rawwritewin"
icon
* insert a blank floppy in the floppy drive
* select "D:\images\cdrom.img" in the "Image File" field (assuming that
your CDROM drive is "D:", otherwise replace "D:" as needed)
* select "A:" in the "Floppy Drive" field then click on "Write".

To begin the installation:

* insert the CDROM in the drive, as well as the boot floppy, then
* restart the computer.