when you run partition magic you need to have partition magic 4.0. It can
recongnize disk drives 8.4 gb & up & it works better than previous versions
of partition magic. When you run partition magic and you want to create a
new partition for linux you need to make sure you specify ext2(linux only)
for the partition & linux swap for the swap file that needs to be created.
This is for partition magic 4.0 by the way.