On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:01:54 +0000
Marco Verheul disseminated the following:

> I can't seem to set the recommended resolution in Mandrake Control
> Center. It does not show the combination of the resolution/refresh rate
> I want to select. Is there another way?
>
> Could it be that my graphic card (riva tnt2) doesn't cut it anymore?
>
> Any suggestions are most welcome. Thanks.

Further to Derek's reply, there was a fairly lengthy thread on setting modelines
way back when. If you search google.com/linux for 'modeline calculator', and the
Newbie and Expert archives for 'modelines', there was a lot of helpful info in
there:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/maillist.html
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-newbie&r=1&w=2

...substituting 'expert' for 'newbie' as appropriate.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046