Saturday, February 14, 2004, 3:46:34 PM, you wrote:
> On Saturday 14 February 2004 07:59 am, Robert Walker wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am trying to setup some basic shutdown software (i.e. oh look I am
>> on batteries I had better shutdown soon :-) for a Belkin UPS I have
>> hooked up to a Linux-based PC router.
>>
>> The model I have connects to a serial port on the PC. I am using MDK
>> 9.2 on the router with a custom 2.4.22 TMB kernel with serial support
>> statically compiled into the kernel.
>>
>> I tried the Belkin Linux software specifying ttyS0 (my MB only has one
>> RS232 port as it has an onboard VPU) for the serial connection. But
>> I get the message:
>> 1 2/14/2004 11:45:33 <UPS Disconnect! Cannot get information from
>> UPS.>
>> in the PRO_UPS.LOG file.
>>
>> The GTK/Gnome Monitor GUI window appears to work fine and can connect
>> to the local upsd process but I get the following problem:
>>
>> UPS Comm Disconnect
>>
>> has warning red light beside it in the UPS status window. So the upsd
>> deamon process cannot connect to the UPS. All the status UPS model details,
>> graphs and dials are blank due there being no connection to the
>> UPS...
>>
>> I have tried the RPM that someone built for the Fedora kernel
>> (with even less success).
>>
>> I have tried the NUT RPM for MDK but apparently this doesn't appear to
>> work either. (I tried making a special ups_serv user and putting the
>> device and config files under this user). The support hardware section
>> says that <belkin> driver should support my hardware but needs the
>> proprietary driver installed first (which I did). Again the upsd
>> process couldn't connect to the UPS.
>>
>> Anyone had any joy getting this model (Gold Series) to work with
>> Linux? The Belkin Linux GUI is very nice if only it could see the UPS
>> hardware... :-)
> I have read that someone used the Bulldog software to get a Belkin gold to
> work. It is not a huge program and I think I could send it to you off list.
> Simple gui and looks easy to use, unfortunately I have a offbrand PowMax UPS
> and It does not configure. HTH

Hi Dennis,

It is the Bulldog software I am using. The Belkin driver disk does
have Linux Bulldog software on it. The software almost works but not quite as the
driver
cannot find the UPS device (it seems to find the serial ports OK).

I have contacted their tech support to see if they can help.

--
Best regards,
 Robert                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]