-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Anne Wilson
Sent: 14 February 2004 20:39
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Solved: No sound with onboard VIA VT8233 sound
card

On Saturday 14 February 2004 17:18, John Richard Smith wrote:

> I shouldn't come in here because I haven't been following this
> thread, but my via 8233 sound chip works on my MSI mobo and the
> modules.conf looks like this.
> above snd-via82xx snd-pcm-oss
> alias sound-slot-0 snd-via82xx
>
> if that's any help.

John - my prayers are answered - I must had done something right at
last <g>.  Can you try to talk Philip through this?  He's been pretty
persistant.  It's time he got some reward.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302

Ok Anne did the test it was using the said driver switched to the oss driver
and still nothing
have tried to run a console but nothing there either, it either says no such
command or permission denied.
At leaset me digi cam works lol