On Tuesday 17 Feb 2004 9:07 pm, Christophe Rhein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm updating with rpmdrake some buggs and I get this error message:
>
> medium contrib uses a invalid list file: mirror is probably not up to date,
> trying to use alternate methode
>
> And then when I click OK nothing happens...
> What is wrong
> Christophe

You are finding all the bugs today :-)

That one is caused by a file on the contrib mirror being incorrect.
It is only a warning, you can carry on and continue to install packages and
ignore the warning.

If you want the warning to go away permanently remove the file
/var/lib/urpmi/list.contrib

and then edit the file  /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg and remove the line reading :-

list: list.contrib

Those files can only be edited by root user. An easy way to manage files as
root user is to open a terminal, enter su <enter> to become root, then type :

konqueror &

And a konqueror file manager will run as root. To edit a file right click and
select kedit to open the file in a text editor.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org