On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:10 am, Marc Resnick wrote:
> Okay, I'm trying to install Linux again, but Partition magic won't resize
> my windows paritition so I can do it, and neither will the Linux install. I
> get an error 893 from PM. Anyone know what to do??

This happens with PM, though I have not used it since version 7 and about 18
months ago.

It is probably best to resize with Diskdrake.

But it can be done in PM, with a complete loss of data, by first deleting the
partition. Then creating a new one the size you want, but as FAT or FAT 32,
then formatting it again to ext2.

Do each step on its own. PM did not like doing a lot at once for me. It locked
up windows solid so that it had to be turned off at the wall.

Charlie.

--
What I am I am, and say not. Being is the great explainer.

Henry David Thoreau

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.2, KMail v1.5.3 and
OpenOffice.org1.1.0