On Thu February 19 2004 4:16 pm, Lanman wrote:
> On February 19, 2004 04:49 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > On Thursday 19 February 2004 13:53, Ray Hogaboom wrote:
> >
> > <snip>

> > </snip>
> >
> > Ray, I don't know about eBay Auctions, and next to nothing
> > about CAD, but on my box I find this drawing app, capable of
> > doing 3D animations, viewing and drawing strange figures and
> > whatnot : Its name is "Blender".
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Kaj Haulrich.
>
>  While you're at it, do a google for "QCad" and "VariCad".

Hi Thanks for your reply
When I installed Mandrake 9.2 it installed QCad but it is a very
simple 2D only.
VariCad would cost me $399.00 and a lot of time to get familiar
with. It is kinda backwards to me. In VariCad you start with 3D
modeling and the convert that to your 2D drawing print out. Also it
is for mechanical design like drawing car parts or mechanical
pumps.

DesignCad 3D MAX ver. 14 cost me $79.95 My 1st copy of DesignCad 3D
ver. 1 cost only $19.95 but that was back around 1987. DesignCad
will do every thing VariCad does for mechanical design plus it has
many features for drawing plans for home and large building that
VariCad does not have. It can be used to make topographical maps to
show the lay of the land for your building project. This is
sometimes required by building department to get your building
permits. Where I live is classified as a earthquake zone 3 so the
building department can get real picky about details. Also wood
working add on for misc projects, storage sheds, and for building
decks around your house, When drawing a item with DesignCad it is a
lot like what you would do when making the item in the real world.

Example
I need a 2X4 stud with a notch in it. I would load a 2X4 stud from
my standard size lumber libray. Make a cut out where the notch
needs to be. Then move it into place where it is needed for the
house. If i need more just like this one say down a wall, I can
make copies say 16" apart starting at point A and ending at point
B.

Thanks again
--
Ray Hogaboom