On Sat, 2004-02-21 at 12:00, John Drouhard wrote:
> Open a terminal and type 'gnome-control-center'
> If it isn't there, then install it as root with 'urpmi gnome-control-center'
>
> Now, click on Advanced on the left side of the screen. Then double click
> on preferred applications. The first window should be about web
> browsers. Change it to Custom, then type in, 'mozilla-firefox %s'.

THANKS.  :)  Works as expected now.

> If you want improved mozilla-launching, I have attached an executable. Save
> the file to a temporary directory, open a terminal, become root, and
> copy the file into /usr/bin. Then run this command: 'chmod 0755
> /usr/bin/launch_firefox'. When you are done with that, you can go back
> to the preferred applications window and change mozilla-firefox to
> launch_firefox. It will now open a new window if no running firefox
> process was found, and open a new tab if there is a firefox window
> already open.

That I tried and I'm going to have to look at it again later after work,
as it didn't seem to work for me.  As before, if FireFox is already
running clicking on another link brings up the profile dialog box rather
than either a new window or new tab.  But, thanks, I'll look at it again
and make sure I didn't miss something.

--
Chuck Mattsen ... [EMAIL PROTECTED] ... Mahnomen, MN
Registered Linux User #346519