On Saturday 28 February 2004 02:34 am, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> [...]
10rc1 is a Release Candidate, it is not yet a fully completed OS. Much of the
reason the installer does not seem as robust is due to some packages not  on
it and a bunch of debugging tags are still in the code until they feel it is
ready to go final, then it gets cleaned up and they put the "Sunday go to
meetin' clothes" on it. I am not a programmer so that is my language for what
I see happen. If you want to migrate (a good thing) I would go ahead and run
the rc1 as best you can for now, rc2 is imminent and final should be close on
its heels in the next 5 to 10 days. Schedule has slipped a bit from what is
posted. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842