JoeHill wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:00:37 -0500
Lee Wiggers disseminated the following:

SCO IP Paid Up License - 1-CPU - $699.00
SCO IP Paid Up License - 2 CPU - $1,149.00
SCO IP Paid Up License - 4-CPU - $2,499.00

So.........one box with 2 cpus would be?

I'm so confused I don't know which to buy.

Which one did you get, Joe?

I couldn't figure it out. I'm not sure if even buying a license will help me,
since it allows me to only use the 'binaries', not the source. Since I have to
have the source to install drivers, how the heck do I comply? And which bits of
code need to be licensed? The whole kernel, or just the parts that they claim
were derived from their IP?

As someone on Slashdot pointed out:

"...their "Linux license FAQ" does make it clear that their IP license only
entitles you to use Linux binaries, not "their" Linux source.

Since they still refuse to identify what Linux source they "own", it's unclear
how you're supposed to stick to that part of the license, or indeed how you're
supposed to get Linux binaries in the first place. The whole thing is a bit
weird."

I assume that once you have paid for the licence they will *send* you the binaries - for that price, I expect them to be hand delivered to my door, on a velvet cushion!

Margot