On Sat February 28 2004 9:21 am, Anne Wilson wrote:

I do not have a multi-card reader. I have a scanDick Flash Card
Reader, it plugs into a USB port. It only reads the Flash Card I
use in my Camera. When I installed Mandrake Linux 9.2 I made sure
that I had a 64MB card was in the reader and the reader was plugged
into a USB port. It was installed and I have a icon on my KDE desk
top for it. There was no problems. This card reader to me is
permanent USB device I use it weekly there is no reason for me to
ever unplug.

But then I picked up a 120 GB external Hard Drive USB 2.0 Compliant.
It was plugged into the only other USB port I have and now I have a
icon on destop for it. I do unplug the 120 GB external Hard Drive.
This way I can use wife's laptop to burn CDs and DVDs as I can not
make my cd burner work with Linux.

The problem now is I need my only Flash Card in the reader at all
times or Linux can not make up it's mind as to where these 2
devices will be mounted. It is Not a big problem but when I click
on memory card reader, I expect to see the pictures and files that
are on the flash card. Some time it is the hard drive files not the
flash card.
Thanks

--
Ray Hogaboom