----- Original Message -----
From: "John Richard Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 09:53
Subject: Re: [newbie] Reduce size of Windows partition

> Anne Wilson wrote:
>

> > Worry not - I know, it's easy for me to talk <g>.  Someone will help
> > dig you out, then you'll wonder what all the fuss was about ;-)
> >
> > Anne
> > --
> > Registered Linux User No.293302
> > Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?
>
> There isn't one of us that didn't want to mess our pants
> at one time or other trying to fix computers. The funny
> thing is once you have gotton over the initial shock
> of being in a whole you don't know how to cline out
> of, you start thinking again, and suddenly ideas take
> root and before long with a bit of help you are passed
> that little hurdle and wonder why you thought you
> were never going to manage to solve it.
> So I would ask you first if you have another
> computer to talk to list about should you get locked
> out for a while you are sorting out your problem.
>
> Then begin again.
> I haven't followed this thread so I don't know where
> you are but cheer up , remember you can always
> slap dear old windblows back again if all else
> fails , they must of given you some backup disks
> of some sort. I know you don't get MS isnatallation
> discs anymore with many OEM computers running
> XP. But they usually have some sort of backup
> facility, if not then make your own first.
>
> John

No spare computer.  The last time I screwed up and had to reinstall it took
4 days.  Mostly fighting those nasty virisus that sneek in while I'm
downloading the norton virus definations.  I dont mind reinstalling windows
but the virus definations are tough.  Also linux is trashed (due to me) so
there is no problem reinstalling it. I just want to do it right for once.

Regards;
Hoyt