Hoyt Bailey wrote:

No backup for XP.

No backup for XP, so what do you do it it gets screwed up, for whatever reason?
That means you cannot recover a situation in XP at all.
Backups come in many guises but the only true backup is to external media.
That way, come what may, it's recoverable.
Second best is a backup to another partition on the same drive, or another drive.
Backup method can be byt by byte + compression to another file on a spare
partition or external media.
Or using a drive image programme, which is what I prefer to use. I create
an image file which I write to CD for restore purposes.

Either way , I would not advise messing with additional OS's installs until you
have adequate means of restore. Not unless you can afford to loose XP.

But if this works maybe an 7 or 8GB partition fat32 would serve as a backup from linux say tar the entire NTFS partiton zip it and store in the fat32.

OK, but what if you loose your Hard drive?
Better to write to CD and be covered.

Once you have adequate, preferably external, backup and restore facilities,
you can partition your hard drive and begin playing with Mandrake installs.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]