-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of JoeHill
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 12:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Get Your License Now!

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:34:58 -0600
jimdawson disseminated the following:

> From what I've seen of the SCO license, it's so vague that it appears
> that anyone who uses almost any type of computing equipment would need
> to purchase a license.
>
> How much for a license for my microwave oven?

Actually, that brings up a good point. A lot of 'appliances' use embedded Linux
as their 'OS', most notably those firewall/router doodads. Most people would not
even be *aware* that the device they are using is based on Linux, and I'd
seriously doubt that those devices are based on pre-2.4 kernels.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046
Homepage: www.orderinchaos.org
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
07:47:03 up 24 days, 19:31, 5 users, load average: 0.03, 0.06, 0.01
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mandrake Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle
than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God."
-- Jesus Christ
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either [EMAIL PROTECTED]
or the postmaster immediately.
necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.  Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that
emails and their attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of
the recipient(s) to verify the integrity of such emails.
Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street
Stockport