On Monday 01 Mar 2004 8:01 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Keith Powell wrote:
> >Many thanks, Lanman, for the very useful information. I have printed it
> > out for future reference.
> >
> >Scribus is definitely not on my download CDs. I have looked at the actual
> >rpm's on all of them (not just the lists), and it's nowhere in sight. I
> > must have bought an incomplete download edition. Can't download the CDs
> > myself, as I only have a dial-up Internet connection.
> >
> >I have decided that when Mandrake10 is available, I'll buy the boxed set.
> > This will teach me not to economise!
> >
> >Cheers
> >
> >Keith
>
> None of these any use to you ?
>
> http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=Scribus&submit=Searc
>h+...
>

> Mandrake's version is 3.1MB, achievable in a download programme
> like d4x
> , even for dialup.
>
> John

Thanks for your reply, John.

I had downloaded Scribus using rpmfind, and it works OK.

It was downloading the complete 3 CD "Download Version" to which I was
referring. There's no problem with downloading just individual programs, but
with my limited connect time, downloading the complete distro in bits would
take weeks!!!

Cheers

Keith