On Wednesday 03 March 2004 01:01 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Greg Meyer wrote:
> >On Wednesday 03 March 2004 12:07 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
> >>Not the way I have it, nv is the native OEM driver with tvout,
> >>and nvidia is the xfree86 non tvout driver. I can assure you the nv
> >>gives tvout support, which is why I have it.
> >
> >I don't doubt that the nv driver has tvout support, but why are you
> > calling the nv driver the oem driver?
> >
> >If you mean the driver provided by nvidia, then why is your naming scheme
> >opposite the rest of the world?
>
> So you are saying that "nv" is a xfree86 driver and it does have tvout.
> News to me.
> I thought I had installed an nvidia tar ball driver.
> Which is why I called it an OEM driver.
> I thought the linux xfree86 did not have tvout.
> I'm wrong then ?
>
> Because I have "nv"
> I have a working tvout
> and if I were to change "nv" to "nvidia" I couldn't load Xwindows.
> John
John, if you have downloaded the NVIDIA-Linux driver from the Nvidia website
then your XF86free-config file should have "load glx" in the section that has
all of the "load scripts" and "nvidia" instead of "nv" this will give you the
power of the Nvidia card. If you do not have a "load "glx"   line then that
may be why you get the glx error. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842