On Wednesday 03 Mar 2004 23:45, JoeHill wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 23:20:12 -0000
>
> Adrian Earnshaw disseminated the following:
> > I am extremely new to Linux and have tried to install GLib. I have
> > followed the instructions in the install file but when I try to
> > ./configure any programs that need GLib it tells me it's not installed
> > properly or it's the wrong version. The GLib is from this months Linux
> > Format magazine so it's upto date.
>
> Probably you need the development libraries.
>
> as root:
>
> urpmi libglib-devel

Erm the lines " I am extremely new to Linux" and
"have tried to install GLib" ring alarm bells in my head.

The Glib library is one of the most fundamental libraries on your system. If
you mess with it you are almost certain to break your system.
(Trust me I have been there)

If you are new to Linux it is best to stick to RPM packages built for the
Mandrake release you are using. There are gazillions of them. You will not
get bored.

Have a read of the Twiki site in my sig and learn about using urpmi to install
apps on line.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net