Greg Meyer wrote:

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 10:25 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

Greg Meyer wrote:

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 04:37 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

Section "Device"
  Identifier "device1"
  VendorName "nVidia Corporation"
  BoardName "NVIDIA GeForce3 (generic)"
  Driver "nv"
  Option "DPMS"

That's to handle the nvidia driver modules
which includes something called glx I think ?

That answers it. the nv driver does not support 3d, so the lib cannot
load. If you want 3d, use the nvidia driver.

You mean uninstall the OEM driver and go back to Xfree86 driver that
doesn't have tvout support ?

The nv driver is the XFree86 driver, which is the one you are already using. The nvidia driver from nVidia should have tvout support and also supports glx.

Yes Greg,
I accept your premis,
but why then does my nv with  XFree86 driver give tvout ?
because it does. How does that come about ?
I can assure you I'm not dreaming it.
I do have tvout.
Since I am on nv
One then assumes it's using the XFree86 driver.
yet the XFree86 driver is said to not have tvout.
So, I'm more than ever puzzled.
John

--
John Richard Smith