On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 19:38:32 +1300
anton disseminated the following:

> I am about to block IE users from my website (using php) and wanted to
> get the maximum bang for buck. Please have a look at the following
> messages and give me your opinion on what is likely to have the most
> positive (deliberately leaving that for interpretation as you will) effect!

Here's a link you can add to your IE reject page:

http://www.opensource.org/halloween/halloween10.html

Quote:

"Excuse me, did we say in Halloween IX that Microsoft's under-the-table payoff
to SCO for attacking Linux was just eleven million dollars? Turns out we were
off by an order of magnitude ___ it was much, much more than that.

The document below was emailed to me by an anonymous whistleblower inside SCO.
He tells me the typos and syntax bobbles were in the original. I could not, when
I received it, certify its authenticity, but I presumed that IBM's, Red Hat's,
Novell's, AutoZone's, and Daimler-Chryler's lawyers could subpoena the original.
On March 4th SCO, within 24 hours of publication, I received word from Steven J.
Vaughan at eWEEK.com that SCO had confirmed that the memo is legitimate."

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046