Any reason why only about every third message I send here gets through???
quite frustrating...

Here goes again:

Hi all,

Total newbie. Linux-Mandrake 6.1 Pentium 2 266mhz. 128meg RAM
Video card: Jaton Video87AGP
Monitor: IBM 6556 p72

I tried to configure X windows through the install process, but could not
provide information that made it work. First time through, the install
program seemed to find my card, asked if I wanted to accept the default
resolution, which I did, and then it failed when it tried to test the setup.
Eventually I had to accept the install with the matter unresolved.

The Xserver that was installed is XF86_SVGA, which should be right? What is
the best way for me to approach this issue. Should I manually edit the
XF86Config file? XConfiigurator lists my monitor but not my video card. What
can II do to diagnose the problem? I'm very new to these configuration
issues, so any pointers in terms of where I should start would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Gregg