On Sunday 07 Mar 2004 7:42 pm, Floyd Hagen wrote:
> You really don't need an RPM for it. It's got its own installation script.
> Grab the tarball, and there's a README file in there with clear directions.
> If you want an icon or entry for it in your menu, you'll have to add it
> yourself, but that's easy enough.
>
> On Sun, Mar 07, 2004, Keith Powell wrote:
> > I would like to try Mozilla-Thunderbird and have found a Mandrake RPM for
> > it on Rediris, which I have downloaded. I hope it's not a Spanish version
> > :-( It's the only one I can find. There's nothing in the usual
> > repositories.

Hello Floyd.

Thanks for the prompt reply and the information.

Derek has told me where to get the Mandrake .rpm from. As I prefer to install
from an .rpm rather than from a tarball, I have used his solution. I have so
many problems with tarballs, that I keep clear of them as much as possible!
However, your tarball suggestion is useful to have in reserve.

Cheers

Keith