Hello,
I opened port 80 by typing tcp/80 udp/80 in the advanced panel of the firewall setup.
Still no access to the net.
I removed all the firewall and I can connect again.
What did I wrong?
Christophe

Aron Smith wrote:

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 01:24 pm, Marc Resnick wrote:

rhein wrote:

And one more...
I red the instruction to setup a firewall. I use my machine since the
first MDK installation with no firewall.
In my case I had just to remove the "everything" cross and install a
package. No problem until I tried to connect to the net or open a
website. Nothing works.
I go back to the firewall and click in "everything" and I'm back on
the net.
What shall I do?
Is the firewall not just limiting the access to my machine?
Thanks for your help.
Christophe

The firewall is blocking all connections in and out, thereby limiting
any internet connection. Only block what you'll never use, or specify
ports instead. It happens to be a very good firewall. For instance, I
was talking through gAIM once, while playing with the firewall.
Suddenly, no communication. Interesting, how well it blocks connections.

For a starter you will need port 80 open for the web

--Marc