On Mon, 01 Nov 1999, you wrote:
try this:
1) tail tulip.c
you will see the compiler command right thier for you, cut/paste it and see
what happens.
should look like this:
gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
-O6 -c tulip.c `[ -f /usr/include/linux/modversions.h ] && echo -DMODVERSIONS`

the above is one line.
also, the above works fine for me with the tulip.c on the mandrake distro and
the one from the web (on the nasa site)

 > I've been having a very hard time compiling the driver
for my Ethernet  > card. My computer is a dual boot setup with Windows 98 and
Linux Mandrake  > 6.1. I have the Cox@home cable Internet service, and a
SOHOware NDC 10/100  > Fast Ethernet PCI card. The card includes the "tulip"
driver for Linux on  > the install disk, but neither that version, nor any of
the others I have  > found on the Net will compile. I have used many different
command lines,  > including exact copies from the tulip source code. and from
various Web  > pages and How-To's.