On Sunday 14 March 2004 09:04 am, Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Sunday 14 March 2004 07:22 am, Philip Cronje wrote:
> > On Sunday, 14 March 2004 14:10, Stephen Reynolds wrote:
> > > Will the Mandrake 10.0 Community installation process automatically
> > > add the second installation of Mandrake to lilo.conf or will it
> > > overwrite lilo with Mandrake 10.0 Community.
> >
> > I'm guessing that it will overwrite. Seems to be the logical thing for
> > it to do, considering that you won't be upgrading, but installing.
> > (Your 9.2 partition won't be mounted, thus it won't know about your
> > /etc/lilo.conf).
> >
> > But this is just me firing shots in the dark :)
>
> It is quite easy.  During installation of 10.0, you will be asked a
> question of where to install the bootloader.  The choices should be 1) on
> MBR 2) on / (root) partition, or 3) do not install.
>
> You want to choose number 2, install to root partition.

actually in this situation the best thing to do is simply install the
bootloader to a floppy and boot the third Mandrake installation from there.
It works flawlessly this way, and also keeps from getting the bootloader
stuff already on the hard disk all messed up. Saves on user stress as well.
--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."