On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 11:56, Job Evers wrote:
> I have a Gateway 400 vtx laptop which uses an Intel 852 GM chipset for the graphics
> controller.
>
> I was wondering if anybody on the list uses this chipset (or something similar:
> 852/855 GM/GME) and if so were you able to get your notebook to display at 1024x768
> resolution?
>
> I'm currently stuck in 800x600 and trying desperately to escape.  Somebody else's
> success will provide a small glimmer of hope that will inspire me to continue
> working on fixing this tomorrow.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Job

Have you tried to manually edit the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to force the
screen resolution?
(I've done that before and been successful, but ya know, graphics cards
can be touchy)

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
After Goliath's defeat, giants ceased to command respect. - Freeman
Dyson