On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:13:34 -0600
Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>      I've been playin with it. Seems to work best with 128bit
> streams, and hardly very well at all with streams below that.

Tom, I'd be curious if you're getting any mp3lib errors towards the ends
of songs. I think that's one of the reasons why when these songs are
encoded & saved into each of their separate filenames I get snippets of
the beginnings of songs.

> So, I recorded about 700mb's of mp3's from 4 different 128 bit
> stations.  BadPuppy, Twang City, Kpig/Kfat, and an Oldies
> station.

For you and Aron:

Boot Liquor: American roots music for Saddle-Weary Drunkards (somaFM)

:)
> play properly.  Still the sound quality is poor compared to mp3's
> I can d/l _much_much_ more quickly from binary newsgroups.

I don't get this - you get the mp3 in faster than the time it takes to
play it? That does make sense now that I think about it. If you're
getting streams of 64kbps then getting the equivalent quality over DSL
would have to be faster from a binary newsgroup - at least potentially,
but I note my news: connection is nowhere near as fast as say ftp is.
And a 64k rip is not all that good. I look particularly for 192kbps or
higher in the binary newsgroups assuming I can find them.