On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:21:51 -0800
David E. Fox disseminated the following:

> > Anyhow, from what I've heard from Tom Brinkman on this issue is that you are
> > pretty much at the mercy of whomever encoded the original DivX. You might
> > try changing your sources, maybe try MLDonkey instead. Prolly not as fast as
> > the
>
> hmm how to start mldonkey? I got the rpm installed but there's seemingly no
> executable?

Best way is to run it from a term. Just 'mldonkey', then it will prompt you to
start the gui. Once in the GUI, you can set it to start the GUI automatically.

This is assuming you installed the GUI, which is a seperate package. If not, do:

urpmi mldonkey-gui

Reason why it's best to run from a term: that way, when you want to quit
MLDonkey, you just close the GUI and then ctrl-c in the term to stop the
console/daemon/background process ('mlnet'). Saves you having to do a 'killall
mlnet'.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046