On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:17:31 -0800
David E. Fox disseminated the following:

> Hmm. One I tried was a rip done from a DVD, so I don't think the
> original quality would be of issue.

Shouldn't be, no, but from lurking on the mjpegtools list for awhile, I gather
this is not always an easy go. Personally, I've never tried ripping a DVD. I
can't even imagine how long that would take on this ol' box.

> The other time it was from a divx - but the divx itself looked quite good -
> then why would there be problems in the conversion to (s)vcd? I mean, there
> are no sync problems in the original. Call me a newbie - I am at least in this
> particular area.

Join the club. The abovementioned 'lurking' on mjpegtools left me mostly
baffled. The few times I did ask questions, though, they were quite friendly. It
may be worth your while to join and see if you can pick up a few pointers.

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046