On Mon, 01 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> Hi.
>  I'm new to Linux and C++... (what a dangerous combination!), but I have
>
> not been able to figure out how to complie and link my rookie
> programs... can someone please point me in the right direction.

Did you install the GCC++ stuff? Generally if you install the Kernel
Development packages, that should just about cover it. I did a
"kitchen sink" install, installing everything but the
foreign-language "how-to" files. Here's what's installed on my system
with c++ as part of the package name:

libstdc++-2.9.0-3mdk
pgcc-c++-1.1.3-3mdk
libstdc++-devel-1.1.3-3mdk

And I'm sure there's more. These days, I think (Mandrake 6.1) you're
back to GCC++.
        John