On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 01:44:35PM -0600, Vic wrote:
> Hey all I was wondering if anyone had any procmail
> experience.
>
> I want to write a simple procmail 'recipe' that would
> bounce mail from certain addresses rather than just
> move them to /dev/null

You can't bounce mail from procmail.  It's too late.  Bouncing is done by
the mail transfer agent.

The best you could do is resend the message with your text attached, but
that would probably require a bit more than a procmail recipe.

> I would like to have a little text message ready on
> my ISP's server to be sent to anyones address who
> spams me.

Is this procmail recipe installed on their server?

> Also I would like this little message to be sent only to the
> spammers address and not to a mailer daemon so
> to prevent mail loops.

Good luck!  How many of these spam addresses do you really think are real?
I know if _I_ were going to spam, I'd make sure that replies went straight
to someone else's bit-bucket.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator