On Mon, 01 Nov 1999, you wrote:
> I find this very bothersome. Because I like to participate in distributed data
> processing projects, and if Mankdrake can't handle Setiathome... Well what
> other applications will it have problems with.
>
> Of course I'm still not ruleing out the possibility of my Motherboard giving
> me problems.

Must be a hardware or config issue, 'cause I"m running SETI@HOME and
two instances of RC5DES distributed client, under Mandrake 6.0 and my
system is ROCK solid, other than being a bit sluggish. If I overlook
the sluggishness, I can even run normal X-apps with those three
things running in the background in Konsole windows. :-)
        John