Pardon me if I am sounding a bit paranoid but it has been a very long
weekend testing various alternatives to RedHat.  There is a lot that I
like about Mandrake but have found some things infuriating.  I
downloaded the three iso images and did not register.  I wanted to see
if our organization wanted to further investigate the Mandrake route
before investing.

I've had grief installing various packages as it looked for CD4 out the
three CD's.

When attempting to update, I could not connect and, upon further
investigation, found that this was due to typographical errors in the
update source paths from the Mandrake installation.

I've finally gotten everything I need but it was a maddening process of
figuring out how to use the source configurator and then downloading
everything that was supposedly on  CD4 from the ftp sites.

I know that the commercial packages are not available without paid
membership with Mandrake but kernel documentation and freeswan and
tripwire are certainly no commercial (well at least the gpl'd
tripwire).  What is this fourth CD? Is there some intentional crippling
for those who have not purchased a membership beyond the commercial
software / license limitations? Thanks - John
--
Open Source Development Corporation
Financially Sustainable open source development