On Tuesday 23 March 2004 08:36 am, Inhabitant of Zion wrote:
> Hi
>
> I seem to be having problems with my emails being rejected by loads of
> different people. It would seem somebody has reported my IP as being
> that of a spammer. I get this message:
>
> Connected to 137.205.128.7 but sender was rejected. Remote host said:
> 550 5.7.1 Rejected: 82.36.99.231 listed at rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net
>
> How do I find out why my IP has been listed as a mail abuser and what
> can I do about it?

>From what I can see, your IP is in one or two DNSBL's as a dynamic/residential
IP range.  If your IP is, in fact, a dynamic IP, then you can either contact
the admin of the server in question and ask them to explicitly whitelist your
IP range to get past the dynamic blocks, you can get a non-dynamic IP range
to get around them, or you can relay your mail through a smarthost that is
not on a dynamic IP range.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer