I do not know if this works anymore, but when I did L-M 6.0, I was able to
first remove any partitions with disk druid, then go back to the previous
screen - at which point disk druid would ask if I wanted to write the
information to the dosk, and I said yes, then went forward again into disk
druid, and set up my new partitions - no errors.

Dunno, but HTH,

Ernie