Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 21:32, John Richard Smith wrote:

Hoyt Bailey wrote:

I would suggest since the monitor is causing the alleged problem you might try the buttons just under the screen on your monitor, one of them should provide you with a menu and likely one of the menu items will resolve the difficulty to your satisfaction.

Nothing in Monitor's own selection programme options to set power/powersave on or off.

John

I'm wondering if Xlockmore or Xscreensaver is running in the background and shutting it down without you knowing it...just a thought.

stephen kuhn - owner

MD9.1 doesn't seem to of heard of these,
man Xlockmore
No manual entry for Xlockmore
Xlockmore --help
bash: Xlockmore: command not found
man Xscreensaver
No manual entry for Xscreensaver
Xscreensaver --help
bash: Xscreensaver: command not found

So ?

How would I check for these running in the background ?

Personally , I think the monitor itself does this unless  a commanded
to tell it not to. It's not so important to me since I like to have it.
I have mine set for 60 min and that means when say downloading
overnight the screen goes to absolute blank, fine. But I suppose some
folk might think differently to me. I suppose if you are playing a film
you don't want that happeneing then, but I don't get that so why should
I worry ?
On the other hand I suppose I ought to know what is actually happening.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]