Ronald J. Hall wrote:

Okay, I've now got my Dell Inspiron 110 working wireless with a Dlink 514 router and Zyair B100 card, and now I've got a few more questions. :-)

If I insert the card after I bootup, then I have to issue both a:

service network restart (or ifup wlan0)
mount -a (to get my NFS mount recognized)

Is there a file somewhere that I can put these commands into so that if the card is plugged in, they automagically get executed? Its not that big a deal to do this, but it seems like there should be another way.

Thank!

PS I dropped the Dlink DWL 650 card - seems I had one of the revisions with chipset changes that is not supported by Linux. Thanks to Marc R. for trying to help with that anyways.

Well I'm not sure about your NFS mount, but to get the connection started up on boot, edit your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-wlan0 to also include ONBOOT=yes.

--Marc