On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:59 pm, many eyes viewed Russell Butler's words:-
> Hello all
> Since a recent reinstall of ML9.1, there is a 60 second delay before the
> modem responds to the initial opening of the dialer. I have tried to
> adjust the sensible things in the modem setup, and after making
> adjustments it seems to work immediately, but then next time I try to
> log on I have to wait. Dial-up is bad enough, without a minutes
> thumb-twiddling before it dials.
>
> Any thoughts, please?
>
> Russell

You may have to tweak your initialisation strings on the modem itself. Bring
the dialling speed back a bit from the default in dialling commands, I use 45
and it works here in Oz, might even go faster. Don't overdo it. Use the modem
terminal in KPPP............ Oh sorry, is that what you're using? If not,
then please disregard.

Charlie

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524