On Monday 29 March 2004 12:27 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Yet another wireless question:
>
> Is packet loss normal running via wireless? I never see packet
> loss on my hardwired LAN, but when using my wireless laptop and
> I ping the other comps I get a small amount of packet loss.
> Usually in the neighborhood of 10-15 percent or so...
>
> Thanks!

     From what I've read it is. Both slow and packet loss. I've
researched a lot, and it's convinced me to avoid wireless. Which
just became available in my area, cheaply, and I'm very close to
the access node antenna.  Much of what I've researched seemed to
apply to LAN's too.  Actually most all of it said to expect about
20% or more reduction in thruput due mainly to packet drops, and
the need to re-try.  So it seems you're doin pretty well ;)
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American