Hi,
I have just installed Mandrake 10.0 Community and I have a problem having my Sound Blaster Live working correctly. Actually the installer recognizes it and (hopefully) installs the correct driver, but there is no way of hearing anything, except from interferences from the microphone and such things (which anyhow means that in some weird way the system communicates with the sound card).
I tried to fix things up using KMix and the sound configuration tool to switch from ALSA to OSS and stuff like that, but I could only manage to get rid of the interferences, which means I hear nothing at all....
Also, I would like to point out that I had some problems running xmms... it actually starts, but usually crashes withins seconds (even though sometimes, with no apparent reason, it works well.... meaning that I can see the freequency bars going up and down, of course I hear nothing). Looking through the net I found that it is due to some glib problem, but no solution to it was given, so if someone knows what to do please tell me.
Thanks everybody,
Marco

PS
I'm sorry if some of you got this message twice, but I received an error saying that it could not be delivered to all of the users in the list, so I sent it again