Hello Carroll,

Saturday, April 3, 2004, 5:40:23 PM, you wrote:

>> > Richard: > According to Google, the KIM-1 came out in 1976, two
>> years prior to > the MK14, so the UPA is still Aron's pending an
>> appeal based on date > of acquisition. -- cmg
>>
>> I found a date of 1977, which accords with my memory better than 1978,
>> but I couldn't claim 1976 with any honesty.

CG> As noted earlier, my dates were based on quick googles for KIM-1 and MK14.
CG> Since it is commonly known that not everything on the web is absolutely dead
CG> accurate, I'd say that we call it even. Aron will be the North American
CG> Ultimate Packrat and Richard will be the European Ultimate Packrat. (Drum
CG> roll and fanfare.)

I think CP/M might predate these by a few years. The first versions
were diskless, and were taken from PL/M which ran on an IBM mainframe,
I believe. I think the very first code in this development ran on a
4004 or 8008, predating even the 8080. About 1971-73 I think. Might
check a bit more before the fanfare. :-)

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]