On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 01:01, Adolfo Bello wrote:

> I've been using Mandrake since version 9.0. This release (10) has been,
> until today, the most rewarding experience with Linux, including SuSe 9,
> which I also use.

...I reckon you've convinced me. Now to start backing up all my mail and
bookmarks and scripts...

> 10CE is fast. The new ACPI interface is really nice. For the first time
> in my laptop life I have no problem with sound, power saving options and
> programs running at 100% processor load when I turn ACPI on.
>
> Using a USB keyring is a pleasure. Hotplug works fine.
>
> When I installed RC1 I had a minor annoyance with aRts every time that I
> booted the laptop. However, sound worked fine. The message disappeared
> after updating my system with urpmi.
>
> I have not tried any Irda or firewire device yet.
>
> I recommended 10CE to some of my coworkers and they are really happy
> using it.
>
> I am using kernel 2.6.3-7.

...2.6! Yeehaw!

> BTW, it is a pleasure to see you posting again to the list.

Thanks mate. Glad to see yer still kickin!

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Lots of girls can be had for a song. Unfortunately, it often turns out
to be the wedding march.