David van Balen wrote:

> I tried to install plugger under netscape 4.61 (libc5 version of both).
> I first tried the rpm and it appeared to install fine but then whenever I
> went to a page with audio files, netscape would die.
> Since then I have uninstalled the rpm, installed the tarball by placing
> the plugger.so and pluggerrc files in the right places (specified in the
> README file), upgraded to netscape 4.7 and reinstalled plugger, first in
> my user's home dir and then globally and netscape still dies. This is even
> worse than not having any sound.
> I got plugger working fine when I had LM6.0, I'm not sure what, if
> anything, I did then that I'm not doing now. Any ideas?
>
> DvB

I've had the exact same results with plugger.. Obviously I'm ( we're )
doing something
wrong..  I since marked it as a no no..  If anyone has any info as to
how to make this work
without crashing netscape it would be greatly appreciated..  I find it
easier and better just to
go into netscape and edit the apps to call a program to handle the
task..

Alan

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])