Andrew Archibald wrote:

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 14:13, John Richard Smith wrote:

So essentially , as far as icon display is concerned it is almost
certainly going to be  a viewer setting problem.

Yep, suppose that's the long & short of it! It all boils down to two lines! I think there is such a thing as "extended file attributes" which allow such things as file type & icons to be embedded but I really know nothing about them and I don't think they are implemented. If anyone knows more then I'd be interested to hear about it...

Glad to be of help.

A.

Andrew,
I think I spoke a bit to soon.
I noticed that although this MD10 iso file had a text file icon in Konqueror , when I
switched to another iso file on the same partition it displays the icon with the usual
iso question mark icon, and so therefore I draw the conclusion that the file's own
attributes much be governing the choice of konqueror's icon choice.

So then I decided to transfer the file over to an ext2 partition and did this,

lsattr -RVadlv .Mandrakelinux-10.0-Community-Download-CD1.i586.iso
lsattr 1.23, 15-Aug-2001 for EXT2 FS 0.5b, 95/08/09
147311 .Mandrakelinux-10.0-Community-Download-CD1.i586.iso -----

Which doesn't seem to be telling me a lot.

I'm guessing there is a lot more to this question of attributes
I think there must be another level up from this. what does anyone else think ?

John

John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]