On Tue, 02 Nov 1999, you wrote:

> Could you please elaborate on that?  I've created this username on
> installation,  given it some privileges in the Linuxconf  user privileges area
> but I still can't can't get e-mail sent out when I am the 'user'.  What do you
> mean 'Simply by creating the login.' ?

What mail client are you using? KMail, all I had to do was
open up KMail, and configure it for my ISP's mail server
and I was able to send & receive mail. Most mail clients
are that way. Of course, you need to be connected to the
internet or to a network which has a standard POP3 & SMTP
mail server, but that's all you should have to do.
        John