On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 13:48, Laura Callier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> New to Mandrake.  Installed 10.0 from Cheap Bytes discs.  So far all
> is well except there is no auto shut off.  When I click shut off,
> things shut down except for an arrow.  I am able to turn it off by
> using the power button, but would prefer an auto shut off.  Does
> anyone know if 10.0 is designed for auto shut off or if this is a
> glitch? It could be a bios problem, but wanted to see what experience
> other have had.
>
> Thanks,
> Laura

It's going to have to do with your APM and ACPI functions; what's the
content of you /etc/lilo.conf file?

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
It is important to note that probably no large operating system using
current design technology can withstand a determined and
well-coordinated attack, and that most such documented penetrations have
been remarkably easy. -- B. Hebbard, "A Penetration Analysis of the
Michigan Terminal System", Operating Systems Review, Vol. 14, No. 1,
June 1980, pp. 7-20