On Sunday 11 April 2004 09:22 am, Steve Kaurfman wrote:
> What about having the cable run on the outside of the house for the
> office? They should be able to split it where it comes into the house on
> the outside. My home has a box on the outside with 3 or 4 connections
> for different runs.

Coax should be fine outside, amazingly, all cable starts outside at some
point.  I have a run underground from the b0x at the street all the way up to
the house and have never had a problem.  You can split the cable any where
you want, just as long as the first y splits to the TVs and the cable modem.
If you split off the cable modem below where you have already split off for a
TV or two you could suffer some signal degradation.  So if you split off the
cable outside the house, and one run goes to where the existing tv splitter
is, and the other runs outside and comes into the house where you want the
cable modem, you should be fine.
--
/g