On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 06:03 pm, many eyes viewed robin's words:-
> > I'm not quite sure what you mean by "things shut down except for an
> > arrow", but I'm having a similar problem. It doesn't bother me that
> > much, because I rarely shut down, but when I click to shutdown in KDE, I
> > usually have to do it 3 to 4 times before it works. I assume that it's a
> > bug that should be fixed with the Official 10.0 release.
>
> I occasionally have the same problem on boot-up. I don't know why it
> only happens occasionally - used to be Linux developers wrote bugs you
> could rely on ;-)
>
> Sir Robin

Happened in 9.2 for me occasionally, and couldn't make shutting down stick
till I added in /etc/modules.conf :- options snd-via82xx index=0
dxs_support=2 to get my sound card working, and it has shutdown without a
problem or glitch ever since.

Charlie

--
Registered Linux User:- 329524