On Sun, 2004-04-18 at 05:25, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On Saturday 17 April 2004 21:07, Anne Wilson wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > I do believe that we will gradually win
> > people over, but the battle is far from won.
> </snip>
>
> I'm very confident you're right, Anne.  -  However, I sometimes get
> this strange and forbidden feeling : What happens when everybody
> changes over ? - Or, to rephrase : when everybody scuttles their
> Volkswagens and drive Ferraris, what joy do I have with my
> Ferrari ?
>
> ;-)
>
> Kaj Haulrich.

CUSTOMISED Ferraris, mate.
If everyone turned to linux (bearing in mind all the available distros
and variations on such) we'd just have more customised and personalised
desktops...as is human nature, we all make something "our own" and
personalise it as much as is within our power - and tho everyone would
be driving Ferraris, they'd each be different and personal...

Don't ya reckon?

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Dorothy: But how can you talk without a brain? Scarecrow: Well, I don't
know... but some people without brains do an awful lot of talking. --
The Wizard of Oz