Hi,

There may be another way to get a workable modem for my Dell Dimension 8300
desktop...rather than get an external modem, I have been researching on the
Dell support list...

My Dell comes with a Conexant modem.  Conexant has a deparmtent called
Linuxant(Linuxant.org) , where people using Conexant modems for windows can
get updated drivers of the Linux version.  The particular thread on the Dell
list was a person needing to get a compatible modem for Mandrake...he
downloaded the linux version of his Dell Conexant windmodem from Linuxant
and things worked great.

Anyone tried this?

Laura